All right spring, you’re finally here and I’m seeing Easter candy in shop windows. And to me that means one thing: Time to buy candy! Wait, two things: Time to buy candy AND plan my Easter dinner menu. Since the holiday is coming later in the month this year, I’m thinking optimistically. Maybe the weather will be sunny and warm enough to spend time outside. In that case, I don’t want to spend the day indoors, cooking. I want the slow cooker to do the work for me. So here are 8 happy, springy Easter dishes you can make in the Crock-Pot.
1. Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip: How about a little something to nibble while you’re getting together these other dishes? Make this the night before.
2. Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Ham: Let those sugars slowly seep into you ham all day with this tempting slow cooker recipe. Prep time is just 5 minutes, and the recipe uses just 6 ingredients.
3. Mint Glazed Lamb: If your family does lamb for Easter, here’s a slow cooker version of a classic. It’s made with mint jelly — and if you’re skeptical and have never tried it before, you may be surprised at how perfectly those flavors go together.
4. Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken: This recipe sounds like it would have just the right light, springy flavors you want for Easter.
5. Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes: As far as I’m concerned, Easter = scalloped potatoes. Maybe that’s just me? This recipe is loaded with cheesy goodness.
6. Wild Rice Pilaf: If scalloped potatoes aren’t your thing, how about this fluffy, flavorful rice pilaf recipe.
7. Honey Glazed Carrots: Every-bunny loves carrots for Easter! (Sorry, couldn’t help it.) These sweet veggies are a snap in the slow cooker. Or — here’s a sneaky idea — add chopped carrots about halfway through cooking your glazed lamb or ham.
8. Slow Cooker Baked Lemon Cake: For dessert, how about this super-moist lemon cake.
What do you like to eat on Easter?
Image via Dwight Sipler/Flickr